• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Attachments

• 1431691156144.jpg
    1431691156144.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 833
Upvote 0
It will mount your usb stick to /sdcard/usbstorage/sda1
It is kind of stupid that usb sticks wont work on a stock unrooted zmax when the hardware clearly has that capability.
Whats even dumber is that ZTE REMOVED this feature from the stock rom. There is actually a /storage/usbdrive directory but it does not do anything. SMH :eek:...

Reactions: 9h0s7
Upvote 0
Well, root with stick mount pro works great.
You don't keep getting annoying notifications? When I use the pro version it mounts /sdcard/DCIM to /sdcard/usbstorage/DCIM and gives me persistent ongoing notifications that I can't get rid of as well as annoying toast notifications on every boot. I ended up uninstalling the stick mount pro extension, then deleting /sdcard/usbstorage/DCIM(had to use TWRP file manager because Root Explorer could not delete it). Since I went back to using the free version, I have had zero problems.

Upvote 0
I am able to get OTG working with a mouse+OTG cable on my Zmax (even without root), but I haven't had any success with flash drives. I obtained temp root with Kingroot, and root access was verified with Root Checker. Using USB OTG Helper, it reports that "Root access is OK!".

However, when I try to mount a flash drive, it tells me "No drives mounted (code 9)". I do see the red LED light on the flash drive light up while it's plugged into the Zmax via the OTG cable.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong or what I need to do to get OTG support for flash drives. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones