1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

USB port cover does not close properly

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by htc_guy, Jul 5, 2013.

1. htc_guy

htc_guy Lurker

Hi,

I have an HTC Butterfly and It's USB port cover (flap) does not close properly, it keeps sticking out. It's annoying and i'm on the verge of tearing it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

I usually insert the non-attached end first, the push the attached end in.

If that doesn't work, give it a good yank and rip it off. Don't really need it.

3. ispamforfood

ispamforfood Member

I'm debating ripping it off myself... I used to think I needed it, but the last couple phones I had didn't have it, and miraculously, I never managed to kill the phone. :p

4. WReX1285

WReX1285 Lurker

There is no need to rip it off. It works similar to the way to you put on a face plate for a car stereo head unit.

The little piece of plastic that is attached to the phone slides inside the phone. Slide it in all the way to the left and the free end should snap right in. You have to give it a pretty firm push to snap in, but once it goes in it is sealed up pretty tight.

I actually kind of like it that way.

5. htc_guy

htc_guy Lurker

Thanks for you replies people.

I just stopped messing with it and it got fixed. I think my phone was f****ing with me.

but one problem i'm guessing was with the rubber pad on the flap. It felt a bit greasy so it wouldn't stay put in the port. I cleaned it and maybe that worked.

HTC Droid DNA Forum

The HTC Droid DNA release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2020mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews