• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

USB problem

It depends on the reason. If the physical connection is bad the only place that can fix it is a repair shop.

My Pixel 2's USB socket wore loose over the 4+ years I had it, to the point where towards the end if I wanted it to charge I needed to push the cable in firmly, make sure it was charging and then be careful not to move it, since the slighted disturbance could cause it to disconnect. But I put that down to slightly cheap manufacturing, since my wife's HTC 10 and my daughter's Galaxy s8 (also both USB-C) were both older than that with no such problems.

So, first question, does the cable connect firmly and stay in place, or is it a bit loose and loses connection if you breath on it? If so then it sounds like you have the same problem I had.

Second question: does using a different cable make any difference? If it does then great, you have a cheap solution ;).

To be honest though I can't think of anything other than a bad connection that is likely to cause this. It's really a question of whether the problem is the cable or the phone: if the cable seems to connect firmly and it doesn't depend on what cable you use that probably means that the fault is inside the phone instead. It's really hard to imagine this being a software problem.

Upvote 0
A USB adapter to an external drive? (i.e. OTG cable) A USB device plugged in directly into your phone's USB port?
Please elaborate, your 'My USB says...' reference could be related to any one of dozens of different situations. It might also help a lot if you state what model phone or tablet you have and which version of Android it's running.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones