• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help USB Problems

I had this problem when I was on 1.5 (Rogers Spica). The notification for the USB connection wouldn't show up sometimes and I couldn't mount the SD drive. I think it just hiccups sometimes. It would charge fine, but just wouldn't detect the USB connection.

Your mileage may vary, it may be the particular 2.1 firmware I upgraded to (ECLAIR.XXJE1 with Baseband i570EXXJD1) that fixed it for me.

Here's a temporary fix regardless tho:

Go to your dialer and type *#7284# and this will open the "PhoneUtil" settings. Set the USB to "PDA". If it's already on PDA, then set it to MODEM and back to PDA to make it wake itself up again.

Plug your Spica into USB after that and it should find itself this time, but it may forget later and you'll have to do the whole thing again.

Reactions: banna
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones