1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General USB randomly not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Spae, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Spae

Spae Lurker
    None

Aug 31, 2011
    My sgs 5 doesn't show up anymore when I plug it in to my pc. Tried it with multiple cables. On my Linux desktop, simply doesn't show up, and on a windows 7 laptop it says device malfunctioned. I can't remember but I think I have successfully used it with that windows laptop before so I guess it is not a driver problem. I have used it semi regularly with my linux desktop with no problems. What do? The port is still firm, wouldn't expect that to be a problem. Can't see any settings on the phone that could help.

I decided to install a micro sd into my sgs 5 a while ago and I don't think I have tried to plug my phone into my pc since then, as I didn't run out of space like usual. I tried removing the micro sd but it didn't help.

Edit:
    Works with the cable that plugs into new external hdd. So I guess the question is why did it stop working with the regular micro usb cable.. Well

Advertisement

#1 Spae, Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016

Samsung Galaxy S5

The Samsung Galaxy S5 was announced in 2014 and was the company's first flagship of the year. The device featured a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, and a 16MP primary rear camera.