• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help USB saying connected, when it is not connected

I posted this earlier but it disappeared??

When the phone is unplugged, it says USB connected, and all of the icons are missing from the top of the homepage (time, signal strength, 3g, etc). The pull down menu is also hard to pull down then is real jerky when it does pull down.

When the phone is plugged in, it has the signal for the USB and all the icons return, It also shows a full battery, then tho it is not.

Any ideas?

I just solved this issue.

My phone would show usb connected constantly or connect and disconnect quickly. In my case it wasn't a software issue, when I tried to turn it on w/o a cable plugged it 9/10 I would see that battery charging symbol that pops up when charging with the phone off.

I resolved by using the toothpick portion of one of those plastic disposable flossing things and carefully moved it around inside of the port while watching the connection message until I found the source. Hope this helps anyone that still sees this

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones