• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "USB storage is blank or has unsupported file" issue. PLEASE help.

fran6ng

Lurker
Jul 16, 2013
I have recently updated my S2 to the stock rom 4.1.2. However the phone started running out of storage place in the internal USB (where I could not even capture a screen shot, etc.).

So I decided to factory reset it and wipe it via the recovery mode. After the recovery, the phone just keep having a USB icon and saying "USB storage is blank or has unsupported file" and prompted me to format it when I click on it. But it just dismount and try to mount again without solving the issue.

I have searched through couple of forums and couldnt get the fix on this, tried to format it on PC (via connection a cable to the phone) but it does not allow me to do so saying no such right. Tried to flash it again with the rom, still no good. Also tried to wipe it many times still no sign of hope.

I am wondering if anyone here may point me the wrong direction to any place where I can fix it. Since I cant even take our the internal USB, I am just stuck with the internal 2Gb memory. Thank you so much in advance.

You have to format the usb storage, then after you do that you should be able to gain some space and be able to read your sd card because the sd card is connected to hardware of it. If you don't format it then it won't read the sd card and you will only be running on internal memory and run out of space.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones