1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

USB Storage wasted

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by darthlinux, Dec 28, 2011.

1. darthlinux

darthlinux Well-Known Member

Hi, I am currently using my SG2 and loving it the only gripe I have with it is I can install apps on the USB storage which is really annoying as the phone is sold with 16GB memory, I know I am not going to get 16GB but would like the option of where to install my apps, I have a feeling 2GB will be used up over time.

Is there any way to install apps to my USB storage, do I need to root the phone which I don't really want to do until I have used the phone alittle more.

Any help would be great, plus I already use Apps2SD.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert

I don't think you can change partition. Even with root.

The best you can do is to have an external microSD card and move whatever you can. At least you don't have to store your big files like videos and music in the USB storage.

Generally the move to SD only works with the external microSD. Part of the apps can be moved where a part of it will remain in the 2GB internal memory. For example, angry birds is 20MB. 18MB can be moved. The other 2MB (likely the exe file) will remain.

Regards

PS-That said, I think 2GB is quite OK. If you ever download Gameloft games, you would notice only a tiny part of the app is saved in the 2GB internal memory. The rest which is 500MB+ would be saved in the 11.5GB USB storage. Tends to work out quite ok actually.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews