• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

USB Tether Phone to Tablet?

Right after I got my new Nexus 7, I tried to USB tether from my Rezound (unrooted), and it didn't work. I just tried it again, and it connects. Maps (for one) complains that it doesn't have a data connection, but it goes ahead and works.

But it's slow. The connection tests out at 600kbits/sec. Using BT, the speed is more like 700k.

Upvote 0
Right after I got my new Nexus 7, I tried to USB tether from my Rezound (unrooted), and it didn't work. I just tried it again, and it connects. Maps (for one) complains that it doesn't have a data connection, but it goes ahead and works.

But it's slow. The connection tests out at 600kbits/sec. Using BT, the speed is more like 700k.
Never mind. My test was faulty. Despite telling PDAnet to tether in USB mode, the Rezound and the tablet were setting up a bluetooth connection. On the plus side, tonight's tests of the resulting bluetooth connection yielded much better speeds, around 1400-1600kbits/sec.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones