1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

USB tether?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by syi, Aug 21, 2012.

1. syi

syi Android Enthusiast

So I've been surfing the web trying to find a way to make ad-hoc wifi or "ad-hoc party" on my phone for use with my PSP. The only thing I found is one vague comment saying that if I am rooted I can just USB it. Somehow I doubt this. I've never seen a micro USB to a mini USB. So how do I go about this?

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

not too familiar with ad hoc, but couldnt you just use the hacked hotspot or maybe do a wireless tether?

3. syi

syi Android Enthusiast

The problem is it has to be ad-hoc. Not only that but ad-hoc with internet. But I wasn't asking about ad-hoc if you had read my post. I was asking about USB tether

4. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Whoa

5. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

Now, ocn is one of the most helpful members I know of, I'm sure he read the post.... I think he was just offering an alternative solution. :D
    I've not heard of these cables either - and I'm pretty sure the psp's firmware would need to support a USB drive as the Internet connection - not sure if it does.

How portable do you need to be? I once used my laptops wifi card to create an ad-hoc shared internet connection that was piping my dial up line to my ipod... so if you don't need to be terribly mobile, that might be a work around. Good luck with it though! :)

ocnbrze, tube517 and Mikestony like this.
  6. syi

syi Android Enthusiast

Basically its not a need for mobile. I don't have a landline to use Xlink Kai so this would be the best solution short of buying a ps3. Its just mind boggling how the PSP can do so many things in infrastructure but most games are ad-hoc only.

7. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert

wifi tether on the market can do adhoc in fact only recent ones really allow infrastructure mode.
    https://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/

syi likes this.
  8. syi

syi Android Enthusiast

So this might be what I need to play online? That's awesome!

9. syi

syi Android Enthusiast

This was sadly not what I needed. I need to be able to set upnp of dmz.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews