• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help USB Tethering - Error Code 67

this is bullshit! i can't believe they pull this shit. wtf am i paying $10 more a month for?

i'm useing easy tether lite right now and it disconnects after about 30 min of use. can anyone tell me if that's just cause it's the free version or if it's more shit to do with sprint. i'm about to call sprint and bitch a little.

ps with this phone i had to sign a new contract and they bought my moment back for $90. does their 30 day return apply to this phone as well?

Upvote 0
Mother ****ers. I can't believe they disallowed/disabled USB tethering on this phone - a phone that requires an "unlimited" data plan, plus an additional $10 "premium data fee" that removes the 5GB cap on "unlimited" plans. Those ****ing rapscallions. I am muy pissed off right now.

Yea, yea...PDA Net. That's not the point. The point is that I should be able to take my EVO and my 79.99/mo plan, plug it into any damned laptop I please, and get online. Hell hath no furry like a geeky woman scorned.

Reactions: jacker
Upvote 0
Some of you may or may not know but the reason some people are reporting tethering working on 4G, but not 3G is that Sprint themselves has the tethering open on the 4G networks.

Sprints well aware of this and they plan to have it fixed and locked sometime in July. Basiclly they told those who know to enjoy it now while its open and free but starting sometime in July to expect it to stop working and then you will need to pay the $29.99 a month.

That said, wired tethering does work fine with both PDANet and Easy Tether on 3G.

Also, if you install Unrevoked v1.1 to gain "Super User" access, Wireless Wifi tethering is now working too on 3G/4G via that method. Please see the link in RedsGT post above.

Since Sprints openly admitted the 4G tethering is open and unrestricted right now, if you got access, none of the above methods are needed.

I am very disappointed as well. I get the same error when trying to tether my Evo 4G through USB on 3G with HTC Sync. So which of the free tethering apps is better for the Evo- the PDAnet or EasyTether Lite?

I downloaded the both via a Torrent site and both work the same and seem to produce the same results. If I decide to pay for one of them, I'd probably go with Easy Tether though. It's $10 dollars as where PDANet is $30 dollars.

Upvote 0
All of that is fine and well...but Sprint is still being a big douchzenozzle in this case. Locking down WiFi, that I can understand...locking down wired? They can choke on it. Hell, VZW offers it free with a Palm Pre. What's up with that noise?

I share your frustration. Limiting wired tethering is really not fair (and somewhat contrary to what was explained prior to the launch) given the extra $10 we're paying for "additional data usage" with the Evo.

Upvote 0
It's just a load of bull. We pay for unlimited data, plus an additional $10 for "premium data services" (uncapped data, near as I can tell...and 4G, to an extent), yet we can't do wired tethering? What a bunch of shit.

I'm cool with the $10 fee, I'm cool with not being able to WiFi tether up to 8 devices, I'm cool with a lot of limits...but this is too far. Wankers.

Reactions: mrk
Upvote 0
. Unfortunately 4G in Nashville is very patchy since I think it went live this past week

Where did you find that??? i haven't found anything in the way of 4G here in Nashville....

on a more related note, i get that same error, i installed HTC sync on win 7 and also tried it in OSX 10.5 and i get the err 67.

so i switched to PDA net but that seems to have some kind n delay issue that doesn't play well with my slingbox. i is nothing like the WM app that i used to use WmWifi router.

anyone else have a slingbox, and manage to get it working on a tethered EVO??

EDIT: i did manage to find 4G out here, i is just really spotty....

Upvote 0
I literally just got off the phone with sprint tech about this very same issue

apparently it has something to do with the phone "switching between 4g and 3g" i wasnt tethering anything when i was getting it. Then i got it back to back to back to back to the point where i couldnt do anything at all because i kept getting it

They sent some BS to my phone that looked like it was provisioning then i had them do a data restore aka they gave me my msl(needed it anyway) and i went to:

##3282# (##data#)
edit mode
enter msl
hit ok
go to data profile
hit menu
restore.

it restarted the phone and then i guess re-entered all my info again.

Its been about 15 mins now and no error. cross fingers

Upvote 0
I too am having the same Error Code 67 problems. I had no problems with USB tethering this morning (transferred mp3s over from my laptop to my EVO). However, it doesn't seem to be working anymore. I restarted my EVO and updated PRL but no luck. :(

You don't need to tether to transfer files...that's a simple USB operation and has nothing to do with tethering (using your phone to as a modem to get online on your laptop) or HTC Sync (syncing contacts between your EVO and Outlook, for example).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones