• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help USB Tethering on the Moment

MrUneek

Lurker
Jun 14, 2010
PLEASE HELP....Ok I have spent several hours searching this forum for an answer to my problem. I am trying to establish a SOLID connection using usb tethering... I first tried EasyTether... I was able to get a connection and get online, then after about 2-3 minutes the internet connection dropped. I restarted my pc and my phone.. was able connect to the internet again and then 2-3 minutes into the connection it dropped. So I then tried using PDAnet and the same thing happened.... it shows my phone as being connected, however I can't go to any website on my pc... I am running windows xp and android 2.1... am I missing something? Is there a specific setting on the phone or on my pc I need to be using to stay connected to the internet for longer than 2-3 minutes ??

PLEASE HELP....Ok I have spent several hours searching this forum for an answer to my problem. I am trying to establish a SOLID connection using usb tethering... I first tried EasyTether... I was able to get a connection and get online, then after about 2-3 minutes the internet connection dropped. I restarted my pc and my phone.. was able connect to the internet again and then 2-3 minutes into the connection it dropped. So I then tried using PDAnet and the same thing happened.... it shows my phone as being connected, however I can't go to any website on my pc... I am running windows xp and android 2.1... am I missing something? Is there a specific setting on the phone or on my pc I need to be using to stay connected to the internet for longer than 2-3 minutes ??

Your suffering from the airplane mode bug. Make sure wifi is turned off.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones