1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips USB Tethering with EB13

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PhonerSapien, Feb 27, 2011.

1. PhonerSapien

PhonerSapien Member
    None

Jan 1, 2011
    I know a lot of people had problems with getting the USB tethering to work in 2.1, and it appeared to manifest itself in different ways. For me, I didn't get any errors per se, but the devices would not fully recognize each other. I just tried it with Froyo, and it seems to work perfectly and instantly. So I would suggest that if anyone had similar problems getting the USB tethering to work under 2,1, they should try it with EB13.

Advertisement

2. BrianFX

BrianFX Well-Known Member
    None

May 3, 2010
    When you refer to USB tethering, do you mean via 3rd party apps (PDAnet, Android Wired Tether, etc) or with the phone's built-in tethering? If the latter, I thought Sprint disabled that if you're not paying extra for tethering.

3. PhonerSapien

PhonerSapien Member
    None

Jan 1, 2011
    I guess the phrase I used is pretty ambiguous. What I meant was the ability to connect the phone to a Windows 7 PC using the stock USB cable and see the folder structure/files on the phone from the PC so files can be tranfered to and from the phone. A lot of people couldn't get that to work with 2.1, and, for me, 2.2 seems to have fixed whatever problem I had.

4. BrianFX

BrianFX Well-Known Member
    None

May 3, 2010
    Ah ok thanks. Yes anytime I tried USB to a Win7 PC, it would never work, no matter what drivers I installed. Luckily I still run XP on my home PCs, but good know I'm cleared to upgrade (forced to thanks to Battlefield 3 requiring it).