• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

usb to mac?

I'm following directions, but there is no notification that shows up indicating the USB and droid are connected. It's saying it's charging, but there is no notification that comes up on the phone. I am trying to install isyncr and am stuck.

once your droid is plugged in, you will see a new notification pop up in the top left of your notification bar. pull the notification bar down to open your notifications. select the one that says 'enable sd card' or something like that. (doing this from memory).

you will be asked if you want to 'mount the sd card'

tell it yes.

give a second and then you should see your droid appear on your desktop.

Upvote 0
once your droid is plugged in, you will see a new notification pop up in the top left of your notification bar. pull the notification bar down to open your notifications. select the one that says 'enable sd card' or something like that. (doing this from memory).

you will be asked if you want to 'mount the sd card'

tell it yes.

give a second and then you should see your droid appear on your desktop.

I'm saying my droid is plugged in but I'm NOT seeing the new notification pop up. That's the problem that I don't know how to fix. I know it can't be the cable because the phone says it's charging. There is no notification.

Upvote 0
I'm saying my droid is plugged in but I'm NOT seeing the new notification pop up. That's the problem that I don't know how to fix. I know it can't be the cable because the phone says it's charging. There is no notification.

Try a different usb port. Some of the laptops will not do high speed connections on one port if an external drive was or is attached to a different port. The first port you plug a high speed device is it, until you reboot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones