• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

saptech

Android Expert
Dec 9, 2011
Third Stone from the Sun
I connected the tab to my linux based pc using the usb cable and it said something along the line of 'audio device' or similar message. It seems I can't copy other file types from the pc to the tab.

Why are they doing this type of stuff? The phone will let me connect as a Mass Storage Device, why won't the tab do it?

Any thoughts on this?

Thnx.

I connected the tab to my linux based PC using the USB cable and it said something along the line of 'audio device' or similar message. It seems I can't copy other file types from the PC to the tab.

Why are they doing this type of stuff? The phone will let me connect as a Mass Storage Device, why won't the tab do it?

Any thoughts on this?

Thnx.
This tab doesn't connect as a Mass Storage Device but as a Media Device. On my windows PC in loads as GT-P3113 and shows the Card and Tablet file folders as two separate devices. I can copy/paste/Drag files between the Card and Tablet and from either to/from my PC. If I copy a non media file to the TAB I get a warning that the device may not be able to display the file. This happened when I copied a MS Word .doc file to the Tab. It displayed fine using Polaris Office. Also unlike the 2.x Android OS the USB connect icon does not appear. Instead the Tab does not show any response when connecting it to the PC other than turning the Tab display on if it was off and waiting to be unlocked. Also there is no Eject option for the Tab shown in properties for the GT-P3113 on the PC. My Galaxy Nexus behaves the same way so I conclude it is an ICS characteristic. I hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones