1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

USB Unable to connect

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by keithnmikkii, May 16, 2011.

1. keithnmikkii

keithnmikkii Newbie

I have been trying to connect the Gio to the USB for a day or so now. Downloaded the newest Kies, Uninstaled cleaned registry and reinstalled got nothing still, i have been trying to run the program as admin, or run in all compatibility modes with no luck. I have go to the superoneclick and tried to install the drivers from that package manually (tell windows which drivers to use) no luck. In every step i have tried with debug on and off, reboot machine and phone. So i am lost so far.

Edit: Android SDK Development
    After trying multiple times with the Kies, i downloaded and installed the SDK. I have also tried three different cables, and 3 different computers. Still works with the Galaxy S.

Computer is Win 7 Pro 64bit. Going to put the pregnant wife down for a nap to give you guys some time to think on this one.

Perhaps an Issue is that the phone never prompts me to select the USB mode, like the Galaxy does?

Thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Ruxa90

Ruxa90 Lurker

We have 2 galaxy gio's and the other phone has same kind of issues. It can be connected to the computer via usb and it shows as an external device but Kies does not recognise it at all. Well look into this problem and ill let you know if we can fix it.

Samsung Galaxy Gio Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Gio release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 3MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews