1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

USCC Desire Froyo Released!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scubab, Feb 8, 2011.

1. scubab

scubab Newbie

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DNick

DNick Android Enthusiast

Bout damn time.

3. scubab

scubab Newbie

4. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Not only is root your.problem, but also custom recovery.

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Do you need to unroot first? You do for an OTA update, but I had a quick look at the link in your first post, and the Froyo upgrade link from that page seems to be a 171MB .exe file, which sounds a lot like an RUU to me. And since the way you unroot is by running an RUU...

6. DNick

DNick Android Enthusiast

So has anyone updated their phone yet. I'm out of pocket at school, so I won't be able to till tonight.

7. scubab

scubab Newbie

I just had it installed and it went through just fine. Make sure you download and install HTC Sync first.

8. DNick

DNick Android Enthusiast

I actually randomally installed HTC Sync a few days ago for no reason.

And how long, Total, did it take?

9. combatarms

combatarms Lurker

its going to be awhile, till posts start coming in about how it installed. i have yet to download it because of the traffic to the server on getting this update. i started at 3pm eastern and it is now 8 pm with only 138 mb downloaded. yes its cable internet. just an opinion of mine, htc should of known that swarms of people were going to get it, so why didn't they adjust for slow downloading of such an anticipated update. ???

10. paisleysdaddy

paisleysdaddy Lurker

Is it just me, or is it taking forever to download? I've tried from a few different places now. Seems like they are throttling download speed or something.

11. paisleysdaddy

paisleysdaddy Lurker

Funny, I guess I posted just seconds after combatarms.

12. DNick

DNick Android Enthusiast

Alright! I'm posting from my newly updated froyo desire. Took me about three hours, but went smoothly. I just have SO much resetting up to do.

13. cardude007617

cardude007617 Lurker

i tried this today do but didnt have any luck installing it. I keep having USB connection issues with error 170 and a couple others. I even got it to start loading the bootloader thing and it stopped and the usb connection error window came up.

I'm so confused as this should be fairly easy to do.

14. EddyOS

EddyOS Android Expert

Can someone please post the following information for me:

Software version
    Baseband version

Both can be found in Settings>About phone>Software information

I'm going to get the RUU onto some mirrors later this evening (and upload it to Shipped-ROMs)

15. EddyOS

EddyOS Android Expert

Also, for those having USB Connection issues, follow this guide to do it manually. They're the same method as GSM phones. Only thing I'm not sure of is whether the ZIP should be called PB99IMG.zip but I'd imagine so

Attached Files:

16. scubab

scubab Newbie

You will get the USB issue until you INSTALL HTC Sync. Simply downloading it won't do; you have to launch and install it as well.

SW #: 2.11.573.5
    Baseband: 2.15.00.11.16

17. JCOphoto

JCOphoto Lurker

Does anyone know anything about missing (paid) apps after the update??

18. DNick

DNick Android Enthusiast

I don't think I lost any of my paid apps.

19. paisleysdaddy

paisleysdaddy Lurker

If you've purchased apps via the Market, you will be able to sign back into the market and re-download/install them at no cost. I've purchased a few different apps and been able to re-install after changing software around and even switching to a different phone.

20. EddyOS

EddyOS Android Expert

For anyone interested, I've released a pre-rooted and slightly modded version of this ROM over on XDA

It is a test ROM but if anyone is in the mood for trying it then feel free!

21. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

I saw that. I was going to ask how you compiled it. I know nothing of these things.

22. EddyOS

EddyOS Android Expert

Same way as I do my own ROM - using dsixda's kitchen

It's quite easy to get a basic functioning ROM up and running but it's editing them that can lead to issues!!

23. androidguy22

androidguy22 Member

I started to download it last night and it was taking wayyy too long. Went to bed, got up a little early and contiued the proccess. Everthing with the download went fine. Loving the extra space.

24. JimboMidge

JimboMidge Newbie

Installed it last night and rooted with Unrekoved 3.32. Worked like and charm and I got rid of all that pesky bloatware! Linpack score went from around 7 on 2.1 to averaging 30+ on 2.2!!! I'm a happy nerd. :D

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews