1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root USCC HTC Desire 2.1 to 2.2, already rooted

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scubab, Dec 11, 2010.

1. scubab

scubab Newbie
    None

Dec 9, 2010
    Good Afternoon all. First off, I consider myself rather tech savy on the hardware side of things (computers) but after all I've been reading I feel like a complete and total noob. When it comes to SW and ROMs I am absolutely clueless! Not good coming from a cell phone technician, eh? *cough cough*
    I seem to be having a lot of issues locating an up to date guide and a mature ROM to upgrade from my stock 2.1 to 2.2.
    I have an HTC Desire from US Cellular (CDMA), HBOOT .98 that I rooted last night. HTC has not released a suitable 2.2 update for USCC so I'm stuck using 2.1 or a custom rom. Could someone please provide some information for me or point me in the right direction of an up to date guide and ROM for this phone?

Advertisement

2. moe3754

moe3754 Well-Known Member
    None

May 6, 2010
    Disabled
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    There are no CDMA roms for the Desire, it is a freak of nature phone that is probably going to be stuck where it is at, unless US Cellular puts Froyo out!!!! There are at least two if not more threads on here about US Cellular!!!! All of the stock Ruu's on here are for GSM phones!!!!

3. rabrog

rabrog Newbie
    None

Nov 30, 2010
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    It looks like most US Desire phones are with the CDMA regional carriers. So who knows what resources will be put into getting froyo out. I figure once it's out on one carrier the rest will follow, but getting that first carrier to do it is the hard part.

4. macleodbme

macleodbme Lurker
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    there are roms for the htc desire bravoc aka cdma version cyanogen makes the best ones and he has released a very stable version of froyo for cdma htc desire. most of his betas are more are more than stable enough to use as daily drivers and i have used his roms for years when i was on t-mobile and a g1 that currently is running froyo/ gingerbread!!

Tags: