• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Use as phone and similar tablet options

aloerose

Lurker
Sep 13, 2013
Can someone tell me how well the international version works for phone? Specifically, has any one used it with straight talk? Also, are there other tablets that phone use is available on? I have found some tablets on eBay that are non USA and have SIM slots. They claim to have phone capabilities, but I want to be sure this will work in USA, with straight talk. I have an AT&T Micro SIM card brand new from straight talk. I am interested in purchasing an unlocked tablet that I am able to use as a phone. I want to ensure I would get not just data, but also voice.

Thanks!!

Tablet examples..

New Ezio P7B Android 4 2 2GB RAM Quad Core 3G WiFi 7 inch GPS Tablet Phone X | eBay

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 GT N5100 16GB Wi Fi 3G International Version White | eBay

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 7 0" 3G WiFi Unlocked Phone Tablet 8GB White 817689010530 | eBay

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones