• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Use "Blocking Mode" to save battery when you're asleep.

In my experience with blocking mode, it just silences the notifications, and LED doesn't flash, but the notifications of emal, texts or social notifications still arrive and just sit there until you look at the phone.

Same for me. I use a NFC Tag to toggle Block Mode when I go to bed and toggle it off when I get up. Any missed calls, voice mails, emails etc will be in the notification bar when you check your phone.

Upvote 0
Yeah, notifications still arrive, it's just a Do Not Disturb feature, more likely. You can set it to block calls, but other notifications still arrive, but no alert is set off.

That's actually the best description. Block mode should be changed to "Do Not Disturb" as you really are only blocking the notification sounds and lights.

Upvote 0
In my experience with blocking mode, it just silences the notifications, and LED doesn't flash, but the notifications of emal, texts or social notifications still arrive and just sit there until you look at the phone.

This is correct. Blocking mode is really not the best name for it, as the calls/texts/etc are not really blocked, just silenced.

Upvote 0
Apparently none of you people have ever had family emergencies because it has been my experience that everything bad always happens in the middle of the night and they don't always come from numbers you know, in fact almost never. I prefer not to risk that just to prolong my battery. Besides, why wouldn't you just plug your phone in when you're sleeping? It is a nice feature though for those who still want to use it.

You can allow certain people or groups to call you bit yea, unknown numbers are a problem, but then there is a landline too :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones