1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support use calendar appointments to mute phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jsjames, Aug 3, 2010.

1. jsjames

jsjames Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Probably the only thing I liked about my Windows mobile phone was that it looked at my calendar and if I had an appointment it would mute my phone. I use touchdown for my exchange syncing. Is there software that can do this automatically?

Advertisement

2. RawlingsSc

RawlingsSc Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Utah
    I use Setting Profiles to do this. Works well. I've also heard that Locale and Tasker can do this, but I have no experience with them. You can download the free trial of Setting Profiles and see if it meets your needs.

3. jsjames

Dec 23, 2009
    Those look similar to Timeriffic which I have. But what I'm looking for is for it to mute according to my calendar in Touchdown when in a meeting. Maybe that is one thing that Windows Mobile does that nothing in Android does yet?
    I'll check out the trial of Setting Profiles though.

4. RawlingsSc

Apr 8, 2010
    Utah
    That's the main function I use it for. I used phonealarm on WinMo before coming over to Android. I have 4 calendars and have it set up to put the phone on vibrate for two of them.

5. jsjames

Dec 23, 2009
    I like it, but it does not see my exchange calendar in Touchdown. I don't use my Google calendar or the built in Exchange support. Maybe i need to see if Touchdown supports apps like this to figure out which one talks to it.

6. RawlingsSc

Apr 8, 2010
    Utah
    Hmm, sorry, I don't use touchdown, so I have no idea what would work since this one can't see it. Hope you find something though, I hated not having that functionality before I got Setting Profiles. Good luck.

7. jsjames

Dec 23, 2009
    I was told it's on the list for the next release of Touchdown. So, I'll hold off for now.

8. kpantz

kpantz Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA