• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Use Galaxy Tab 10" to operate PC or Windows

ronp231

Lurker
Dec 12, 2011
Hello. Sold my netbook for a galaxy tab 10" and now just realized with school starting back up, no windows on the go and I need it for school apps. In searching, it doesn't appear there are any type of virtual desktops for tablets, correct?

Assuming correct, can you recommend a remote desktop app for my 4.0 android tablet where I can access my desktop and operate it just like my tablet is a pc? Bonus would be to get access to it from school where the desktop is at home behind the router firewall.

Thanks!

Hello. Sold my netbook for a galaxy tab 10" and now just realized with school starting back up, no windows on the go and I need it for school apps. In searching, it doesn't appear there are any type of virtual desktops for tablets, correct?

Assuming correct, can you recommend a remote desktop app for my 4.0 android tablet where I can access my desktop and operate it just like my tablet is a pc? Bonus would be to get access to it from school where the desktop is at home behind the router firewall.

Thanks!

Jump Desktop has worked the best in my experience.

But to be honest, if it's just for school why don't you just use your galaxy tab to do the stuff? You can download a mobile office app(Kingsoft Office is amazing and free), and do Microsoft word documents, Excel docs, and PowerPoint stuff. Your screen is big enough to do it, and it would be pretty easy if you just link it to your dropbox.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick response. I do have an "office" app and it works great for docs, etc. However, a couple of the classes call for specific software such as anatomy, the CD is 3d modeling and labeling of bones, muscles, connective tissues, etc. Windows/Mac only, so I'm stuck unless I move to a Windows 8 tablet, bit then I won't have all my cool android stuff.

Thanks, I'll look at Jump Desktop.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones