1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Use Google Play and US apps outside the US

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by reload69, Feb 16, 2016.

1. reload69

reload69 Newbie

Hello I will be outside of the US for a while and am afraid i will not be able to use the apps including google play outside the US like i currently do. Is there a solution to this problem I have been reading up on it and found that there is a VPN app called Hola but am not sure how it will work till i actually leave the country. Also i am looking for a free and stable alternative. Is anyone currently doing this that can help me solve this problem before i leave. Thank you in advance

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

What particular services are you worried about? I have no problem updating apps when travelling (which is all "Google Play" means for me in practice). Streaming services are much more likely to be geographically restricted, but as I don't use any of Google's streaming/content services (don't even have the apps installed) I cannot say whether they will work or not.

#2 Hadron, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    psionandy and mikedt like this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

You'll certainly be able to get Google Play outside of the US no problem, except in places like China. However if you wish to lock it to US specific content, like apps, books, etc, and not to be for where you actually are. Register a US credit card with your Google account. As long as you're not making any purchases, it won't cost you anything.

AZgl1500 and psionandy like this.
  4. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

if you really are worried, just get a vpn and use a server in the USA

I have PureVPN on my cellphone, but only use it if I'm away from home.

Hadron and mikedt like this.
  5. reload69

reload69 Newbie

Thank you for the replies. Is there any free VPN's available i can have my friend test this out. Also my friend who is currently in Germany does not have access to the US google play site to download an app that she would like to use. I was thinking to download the app from google play to my PC and send it to her via email so she could install on her phone. I used to use this site to download apps to my pc but it doesn't seem to work for me anymore http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/ is there another website i can use to download apps to my pc. Thanks for the great help

6. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

just do a search for "free vpn" and yes, there are a couple or three.

Mine is ~ $50/year for up to 5 devices....
    I have it on 3 PCs and two cellphones.