• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

use laptop to provide internet for cell

S

scotterick0003

I have and HTC One V with a data plan. I want to save my data and was wondering if there is a way to use the wifi on my laptop to gain internet access for my HTC. I do live in an apartment building where we get wifi signal from the office. There s NO equipment in our apt. Is it even a possibility?

The only HTC phone I know of is the htc wildfire s But I think the there is an optain when you connect the data cable to your pc, if not why not just use the wifi you metioned turn off the data and turn on the wifi. i like to tell you I have no idea what you mean be equipment either maybe you can answer back (after joining us here so you can post here) and we can talk this out maybe even learn a bit more about your device.

Upvote 0
What I mean my equipment is that I don't have the router and stuff, as you would if you would if you called the cable company and they come out to install all the goodies. The apt complex is responsible for all of that. the give us the cable TV but I still have to pay for Wi-Fi because the complex t charges a monthly fee for it. So I found it pointless to pay for data with my phone and also pay almost as much for Wi-Fi through the complex. I guess I was looking for a cheap guys way of doing it. I know that a phone can provide internet for a computer but I could never find information about the reverse of that, computer to phone...:thinking: Thanks for your help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones