• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help use my samsung charge as a computer not a phone

I have a Samsung Droid Charge that I no longer use as a cell phone. Is there a way and software available that will remove the verizon software and allow me to use this as a mini computer?

I do not know an answer to your question, but have a suggest for what I do with old phones...

Two things - One is to use it as a security camera for my home. Check out IP cam. I have them all over my house.

The other is a google TV want to be. Plug it into your TV for video out which will show the Android home screen on your TV. Get a wireless keyboard and you are set. I would have to try out apps to see which if any wireless keyboard apps. This will allow you to surf the internet, play games, and play videos like on netflix.

Dave

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones