• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Use phone as modem

mauri_11

Lurker
Sep 3, 2020
I would like to use my phone as a modem.
I have a draytek 2926 router that can accept an external USB modem. I tried with a USB modem stick a friend lent me and it worked fine.
So I tried to conned my Redmi Note 8T without success. I switched on the USB tethering but it doesn't work.
I am not an expert so I cannot understand if it Is a matter of configuration or router and phone are not compatible.
Someone can help me?

I would like to use my phone as a modem.
I have a draytek 2926 router that can accept an external USB modem. I tried with a USB modem stick a friend lent me and it worked fine.
So I tried to conned my Redmi Note 8T without success. I switched on the USB tethering but it doesn't work.
I am not an expert so I cannot understand if it Is a matter of configuration or router and phone are not compatible.
Someone can help me?
what exactly are u trying to do? you can't connect your phone to a router. your phone can act as THE router. you can connect your laptop or desktop directly to the phone via tethering provided your carrier allows this. with some carriers, you will need to have a plan included to use wireless tethering, however.

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones