• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Use SD Card for Marine Navigator

Rollygibb

Lurker
Oct 22, 2014
I have Marine Navigator application and a DVD with all charts I need. I was able to import chars but the internal storage became quickly full and I installed a 64 GB SD Card on this ACER tablet, however, none of my apps are detecting the SD card yet, Am I missing an essential step to make this card part of my storage allocation?

Is the tablet mounting the SD and is seeing it? You can check this with the file manager or storage option in Settings. Also is the Acer running the 4.4 Kitkat version of Android? If so you might need to contact the app developers about it, because it's possibly their apps need updating for the changes that 4.4 Kitkat made to the way that SDs are handled. Check see if there's any updates anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones