• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Use the SEARCH function please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonerp

Android Expert
Apr 12, 2010
UK
Dear all,
Every day there are about 5/6 pages worth of new threads and many threads each day are a repeat (or sometimes repeated even during the same day!) of existing ones....

The desire has been around for a month now and a lot of answers are available on this superb forum.

So why not save some time and use the search function or power search at the top? You will get an immediate answer and not clog the forums.

I don't have time to browse a hundred or so new threads each day but enjoy reading new tricks and ideas. So can we all become a little more proactive - before I get the sack for spending too much of my working day trawling the forum ;)

Nice.

bonerp

Reactions: Zarch and nx1977
Maybe you should have used the search function and read the rules.

Zero Tolerance Policy

I don't think I am beating anyone up at all. I'm not referencing to any particular post.

I am simply stating that information exists - a lot of it on the Tips and tricks sticky.

A 2 minute search adds value by keeping repeated threads from the forum. Ist hardly a crime to keep the forum tidy.

If I get banned because of a common sense reminder to users, so be it.

Maybe some sub-forums might be useful? One for apps, one for noobs/Q's, one for the operating system, one for development, one for general/mods/cases/covers, off topic etc.

Have the mods considered this? I realise there are a lot of separate forums for individual phones but I guess most people only have an interest in the phone they have in their pocket at any one time.

Upvote 0
Hopefully people do use the search function first, but if not the best approach is to kindly suggest using it in the future, followed by an answer to their question. We don't want to see replies to questions consisting solely of "use the search".

I think there are already enough subforums, if that is done for the desire, it will have to be done for every phone and thats just overkill. Anyhow feel free to make a suggestion in the suggestions subforum :p

Reactions: bonerp
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones