• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

use tracfone for upgrade?

Would you rather speak to a Tracfone representative over the phone? You can reach our helpful customer service team seven days a week, from 8:00am – 11:45pm (EST), by calling 1-800-867-7183. A Tracfone representative will be happy to provide assistance, whether you need help activating your device, searching the web, or dealing with other issues.https://www.tracfone.com/support

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Would you rather speak to a Tracfone representative over the phone? You can reach our helpful customer service team seven days a week, from 8:00am – 11:45pm (EST), by calling 1-800-867-7183. A Tracfone representative will be happy to provide assistance, whether you need help activating your device, searching the web, or dealing with other issues.https://www.tracfone.com/support
if you work for tracfone, why can't you just answer my euestion?

Upvote 0
Both services lock their phones; Straight Talk for 12 months and TracFone for 60 days if it's on Verizon (which i think they all are now). You'd have to use the TracFone on TracFone service for that time then get it unlocked to switch and vice versa
Conversely, you can get any unlocked phone and activate it on either service, they both do 'bring your own phone' as long as they are unlocked. Do you already have the TracFone phone?

Upvote 0
Both services lock their phones; Straight Talk for 12 months and TracFone for 60 days if it's on Verizon (which i think they all are now). You'd have to use the TracFone on TracFone service for that time then get it unlocked to switch and vice versa
Conversely, you can get any unlocked phone and activate it on either service, they both do 'bring your own phone' as long as they are unlocked. Do you already have the TracFone phone?
i have a straight talk phone w/ android 8. it uses the same model# for straight talk, and tracfone...

Upvote 0
That's what you have right now, a ST phone on ST but you want to get a TF and use it on your ST plan?
Not sure what you mean there or what you are really shooting for with what,
1 - what is your current phone branded/showing, ST or TF?
2 - are you getting a different phone to use on your ST plan?
3 - what phone is it (that you will be using), brand and model?

Upvote 0
OK thanks for letting us know so far along, we are not mind readers here
i appreciate the help, though it's a straight talk forum. i didn't come here for suggestions of other providers. i assumed there might be users here that might have attempted to use a tracfone on straight talk, especially since they tell me my service is actually *safelink* to take advantage of the acp...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones