• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Use Voice with a Wired Headset" notification won't go away.

Jesse McMilin

Lurker
Feb 18, 2018
This is the most weirdly specific problem with this phone I've encountered. Whenever I'm listening (using speakers) to classical music, and classical music only, on Spotify, and Spotify only, my music will be constantly interrupted by a notification from Google that says "Use voice with a wired headset." It intermittently stops the music and skips songs, which is really f**king annoying because I then lose my place. I've tried turning off new feature notifications at first and then all notifications from Google, but it keeps displaying this notification regardless. This doesn't happen with any other apps that use sound or streaming, and it doesn't happen when listening to genres besides classical, which is f**king bizarre. I'll be listening to Meshuggah and everything will be fine, then I'll switch to Shostakovich and boom, can't get through a single song without eight stops and five skips.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones