1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Used GPS for the first time...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Vee, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Vee

Vee Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Software
    Raleigh,NC
    ...and it worked flawlessly! I have never used GPS (besides the google maps on the iPhone) before and I have to say it was quite a treat. Went out this morning to a few places that I had never been before, only speaking my destination to the phone through google nav, and it went off without a hitch. Even shut the screen off after a few minutes and just listened to the audible directions, and got exactly where I was looking to go without a hick-up.

For the record, my first Captivate, which I had for a week, had the issue that so many seem to have with non-working GPS. After returning it for another unit, it's since worked perfect for over a week now.

Here's a quick shot of how I mounted it in my Jeep (and yes, it is right hand drive):

[​IMG]

Advertisement

2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    California
    Hopefully your will stay good.

3. pinbak

pinbak Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Tech Analyst
    Hey, that jeep is cool!! Hope your GPS stays good, mine worked great the first few days I got my phone then stopped then worked again great then stopped then worked again great then stopped, now I just don't use it untill samsung/att does a fix for it!! But hope yours does good for you!! :D

4. Tinyboss

Tinyboss Active Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Mine works great after a reboot, then it sucks...then sometimes it works great again, even without a reboot. It's just plain inconsistent.