• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Used Revolutionary, now I'm stuck

ljmeyer

Lurker
Oct 24, 2010
Hello,
A relative Nube here. I just got my wife the evo 4g (used). It's been upgraded to 2.3.3. Ok, I tried several methods to root and failed. Now, I changed the bootloader to revolutionary. However, the zip file from when I tried to root (from the last attempt) was still on the sd card, it asked to update, I said yes. now it will not boot past the first splash, evo 4g screen.

That being said, Revolutionary still boots when I volume up and power.
Looks like this: (oops
I can't post a picture, but I'll type it out:

-REVOLUTIONARY-
SUPERSONIC EVT3 SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT- 6.16. 1002
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_16ab
Mar 8, 2011

FASTBOOT

VOL UP... (these are abbreviated)
VOL DOWN..
POWER

BOOTLOADER
REBOOT
REBOOT BOOTLADER
POWER DOWN

If I choose roboot, I get the evo 4g infintely...thus my issue...
If I choose BOOTLOADER, I get this:

-REVOLUTIONARY-
SUPERSONIC EVT3 SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT- 6.16. 1002
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_16ab
Mar 8, 2011

FASTBOOT

VOL UP... (these are abbreviated)
VOL DOWN..
POWER

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
CLEAR STORAGE
SIMLOCK
HBOOT USB

I'm at a stuck spot and would like to get original rom. Thanks for your help! Please go step by step, please make no assumptions except that I'm sitting in front of my windows 7 computer.

Ok, I think this has gotten me through part of the process. My SD card is blank. Can you explain step by step how to download another edition of android. Maybe I need to go back to stock first??

in the http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...ooting-dummies-guide-gingerbread-edition.html there is a section with a step by step process on how to flash a custom rom.

i would try this rom ([ROM] - [MikRoms] - [8/24/2011] - MikG v2.5 - Re-Engineered GB Sense 2.1 + 3.0 vs the stock rom which i hate. this is a much better rom and very fast and stable.

if you feel comfortable enough to flash more things then there are patches to this rom that you can also flash to get the fixes that the 4.53.651.1 ota we just had. go here and download 2.51 and 2.52. flash each patch indindually and make a nandroid backup before flashing them. and also wipe dalvik cache and cache before each flash.

Upvote 0
you would need to flash recovery then choose .zip file (which would be a ROM) from the SD card...try Amon-RA...
start your phone up, download the ROM and set the phone as "disk drive"...
drag the ROM to the root of your phone using any file explorer...
try downloading "quick boot" and once the ROM is on your SD card open quick boot & hit "recovery"...that will boot into recovery where you can flash the new MikG Sense ROM mentioned in the above post...
use Amon-RA to select the ROM .zip from the SD card, flash it then restart the phone...
make sure you wipe the cache, dalvik cache & do a factory reset before you flash the new ROM or you might have problems with [the ROM]...

Upvote 0
GO HERE:
http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/259446-clockwork-amon-ra-pc36img-files.html

Download AMON RA 2.3 from the ones listed. It will be a PCM36.ZIP file and follow the directions as listed and rename the file as described.

If you can remove the SD card from the phone and plug it into your PC via a MICRO SD to SD adapter, it would be easy to put this PCM36.ZIP file on the root of the SD card. Re insert the card into the phone. Turn the phone on by pressing the volume down button and the power button at the same time and once you get the HBOOT screen it will prompt to update the PCM36.ZIP file. choose YES and confirm. Now you have Recovery once it finishes it.

Reboot into recovery. You will see a nice green menu. In it it says toggle to USB. Plug the phone into your PC and then select the Toggle to USB on the phone. Your phone should pop up on Windows and then just select view files on Phone. DELETE the PCM36.zip file off the SD CARD on the phone. Not needed anymore. Download whatever ROM you want to use from the hundreds of links on the forum and place it in the root of the SD CARD on the phone. IT SHOULD BE A ZIP file.

Then, once the ZIP file completely transfers to the phone. Turn of the toggle to USB. Then select INSTALL FILE FROM ZIP.

Next select WIPE. CHOOSE everyone on the list, EXCEPT for SD CARD!! Wipe each one, one by one, I would even do each 2 times. If you plan on Using SYNERGY, then you need to format the SD CARD like the directions listed in the SYNERGY RLS1 file on XDA forums. Where you set up a EXT3 section. Takes about 3 or 4 minutes to complete this if you follow those directions.... HERE.... [GUIDE][07/07/11]How to Partition your SD Card - xda-developers

Then there should be a menu item that reads SELECT ZIP from SD CARD. Choose it, then scroll down to the ZIP file you transferd to the phone. Select it, and confirm and in a little bit the ROM will be installed and then reboot.

ENJOY

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones