1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Used to be able to search for youtube videos from my phone's playlist.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ussdfiant, Apr 11, 2011.

1. ussdfiant

ussdfiant Lurker
    None

Mar 25, 2011
    When I first received my phone I used to be able to use the "Find Video" feature in my music player to search for videos for the song I was listening to. I had to have my phone reset and now that feature no longer works. Any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None
    By "no longer works", what exactly do you mean? Is it still available in the menu? Do you get an error message? I wouldn't be surprised if it's DRM related (Digital Rights Management). See if you can still play the content and report back. I had my phone swapped a few weeks ago and I can't play some of my content. I'm thinking my licenses were stored on the device, even though my media was stored on the SD card, which is a little bass-ackwards if you ask me. The license needs to be stored where the content is stored.

3. ussdfiant

ussdfiant Lurker
    None

Mar 25, 2011
    When I hit the "Find Video" button on the music player it takes me to my Youtube homepage where previously it would perform a search and list videos based on the song I was listening to. There is no error message. Youtube videos still play but this feature no longer automatically searches for videos based on the song playing in the music player.

4. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None
    Have you installed a new browser, and is that what opens when you try a search? Does your phone show you logged into Youtube? I initiate a search and it searches without any issues.

Also, try clearing search history.

ussdfiant likes this.
  5. ussdfiant

ussdfiant Lurker
    None

Mar 25, 2011
    Clearing the search history seems to have done the trick. Thanks.