• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Useful apps that require root?

Droidizzle

May 5, 2010
A-Town, Oregon
I am new to the rooting scene, I can tell you all the apps that are needed for a jailbroken Iphone, but I don't know where to start when it comes to root. Yes I did a "root" search on the market, and I am so ignorant I don't know what the apps are for or capable of. I already know root explorer is a must, other than that I have nothing.

adfree android

trying it now.

This just replaces the hosts file right? Could probably just copy a good hosts file over the empty one with a term program or root exp?

Not sure I'm going to do this one. Google did a lot of free work on Android and so did the app devs. None of the ads so far are bad. Actually iphone might be worse. Sometimes ads help me find what I'm looking for.

Upvote 0
yea, adfree is tarded on my Dinc, uninstalled it. But I found the following work good:

Picme (screen capture with pc internet browser)
Shootme (screen capture by shaking phone, saves .png to sdcard)
Root Explorer (delete whatever you want, but know what you are doing first)
lamppu (finally! an app that i can use to turn on my camera LED's and use them as a flashlight!)
quick boot (reboot or reboot into recovery)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones