1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Useful Questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jaydroid88, Jun 26, 2011.

1. jaydroid88

jaydroid88 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    Student (Business)
    Los Angeles, CA
    Is there an option in the DB toolkit that you can configure to turn off 4g when the screen is off, and to turn it back on when the screen powers up? I'm not very familiar with the I/O scheduler and all of the other options in the toolkit. I get fantastic battery life when 4g is turned off, but it is a pain to keep turning it on and off when I want to use it. Is there a way to automate it? Also what is the best CPU setting (governor) for performance and battery life? Lastly what exactly is a kernel and can you point me in a direction to some useful ones because I'm pretty sure I'm still on a stock kernel, I have just flashed a few ROMs and radios. Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. jaydroid88

jaydroid88 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    Student (Business)
    Los Angeles, CA
  3. scotty85

scotty85 Android Expert
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    sorry,im not on bamf so im no help there. i also tend to not mess with kernels,so im no help there,either.

as for goverenors,i tend to use on demand,but theres no right or wrong answer. lots of folks use others and have good results. bottom line is you just gotta try em out for a day and see what works well on your phone.

one bit of advice i have,is that i like to look at the "time in state" numbers in setcpu/info. this will tell you how much time your processor has spent at each speed. if ive used my phone alot i expect to see less time at 245. if its been off alot,i want to see that number higher.

hope that helps some :)

4. rexdog1888

rexdog1888 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 6, 2010
    Texas
    I don't think there's an option like that but u should suggest it on the bamf thread, it would be a nice feature