• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Useing my droid as a webcam

I don't know if you can create drivers or something to make it work with Skype or some other video chat program, but there are some apps to stream live video onto the web.

UStream - This application has the shortest delay (about 3 seconds for me), but I don't believe you can share the video stream privately.

Qik - This application has a pretty long delay (about 30-40 seconds for me), but you can send a private link to someone and invite them to view the video.

Btw, if anyone knows how to have a private video with UStream, please let me know!

Upvote 0
Qik is not a good option for using your droid as a webcam. Ideally, you should not have to post the images to any website or server. The camera should be able to send images directly to your computer via usb, wi-fi, and/or bluetooth.

I would also be willing to pay for an app that can do this if the webcam app can work with Windows 7.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones