1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Useless after Kitkat update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Cullers, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Cullers

Cullers Lurker

Hi Everyone
    I updated my Nexus 7 (2012) this morning. When it rebooted, it wouldn't go beyond the 'working' four circles logo. I followed some instructions and reinstalled the update. This time it seemed to work and got as far as the choice of keyboard language. I selected 'UK' and clicked next. This brought up the wifi network selection. I chose the home one and entered the password. It states there is a 'authentication problem'. I can't go anywhere from there. There is no other option. I can press the 'back' button and go back to the keyboard choice but nothing else is available. Plus, now I don't even have clockwork recovery. It just goes back to the normal android boot. Now my laptop doesn't even see the tablet. Its driving me mad!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

If you had cwm installed, that means that your bootloader should be unlocked. If you plug your device into the computer in fastboot mode, does it see it?

funkylogik likes this.
  3. Cullers

Cullers Lurker

Thanks for replying.
    Nope. It never recognises it. I get a 'bong' when the N7 starts and ends but when I use Nexus Tools, it doesn't see it as being connected.

4. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

If you open up the device manager (assuming you're using windows), do you see and android bootloader interface or some unknown android with the yellow triangle?