• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

useless apps lg g2

hello buddies. i have lg g2 f320l21v korean. it has many korean apps which are totally useless apps and using alot of ram and internal memory. it has kitkat 4.4.2. i want to remove these apps without rooting. is there any method, if, not then please tell me rooting is safe for g2 and after rooting can i get kitkat software updates???

hello buddies. i have lg g2 f320l21v korean. it has many korean apps which are totally useless apps and using alot of ram and internal memory. it has kitkat 4.4.2. i want to remove these apps without rooting. is there any method, if, not then please tell me rooting is safe for g2 and after rooting can i get kitkat software updates???
You can root the phone using Towelroot look up how on YouTube. Very, very easy. You can then use Titanium Backup to freeze/disable any app that you don't want on the background. You can also uninstall them but it is not recommended unless you are desperate to get more storage space.

You can get software updates as long as you have the stock software that came with the phone installed. If you are start putting in custom roms and messing with the operating system then the phone will not allow you to get the updates. Even worse, sometimes it let's you update and then you can get boot loop errors.

My advice? Unless you know what you are doing, stick to freezing the apps on Titanium Backup.

Upvote 0
after root titanium backup freez apps option work? or without root titanium backup freez option could work as well?
i have disable apps option i my cell phone but it did not work As good as i need. after sometimes disabled apps again running without any intimation..
i want to freez apps totally. so, apps could not use a single bit of ram or intetnal storage.. and there are some types of app which we can't disabled...

Upvote 0
If you are unable to disable the included apps using the built in application manager, then your next best option would be to root and freeze them with Titanium as mentioned. Once you do that, you will likely not be able to apply new firmware updates because you are changing the default system when you freeze apps. If future updates DID apply, you may be left with a phone that does not boot properly.

I believe several, if not all of your issues are related to the fact you're using a Korean phone in your location of Pakistan:

http://androidforums.com/lg-g2/872938-lg-g2-dialing-problem.html

http://androidforums.com/lg-g2/872803-lg-g2-internal-memory-scan.html

http://androidforums.com/lg-g2/872805-lg-g2-restricted-data-network-option.html

It seems the term "international" is slightly misleading as related to the G2. Though it will work in multiple countries, it won't necessarily be optimized for your specific location because there is a large number of firmwares for the D802 that have slightly different content based on locality. So the short answer to all your questions is that some of the issues, you may have to live with and use workarounds as necessary unless you can locate a firmware specific to your country/region. I have not seen a firmware specific to Pakistan in my travels around the internet, but it could exist I'm not sure.

At minimum, you could root and disable the unwanted apps however. That would help with some of what you are dealing with including unnecessary CPU usage and virus detection when connecting to the PC, provided that the virus detection is being generated from one or more of the pre-installed apps.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones