• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Useless apps warning

woodworm

Lurker
Nov 25, 2009
A new line of apps has appeared that seem to offer quick access to all sorts of things such as Amazon, banks etc. The apps do nothing more than pass you on to the target organisation's website. The apps are chargeable. Does anybody have any further info? The developer is UK Android Apps

I doubt they're malicious.
they seem to just take you to the website.
They makers just trying to make a quick buck off of us.

besides: even if the app did do something special, I would never download it unless it were actually released by amazon.com or whatever website the app is for

Upvote 0
IIRC, there is another 'developer' going by the moniker browser that does much of the same thing....most of that developer's apps are free, though.

UK Browser apps has over 100 apps!!! :eek:

UK Android Apps, Android Applications and Games - and only 6 are free. :mad:

I think you're thinking of the Dev that goes by the name Monseta. He/she seems to upload multiple new "apps" almost every day claiming to be special browsers for certain web sites. Apparently (looking at the remarks) his/her apps seem to be shells that show the web site (you could get to with your browser) with ads?

This guy: monseta, Android Applications and Games

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones