1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

User agent question

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by averagewonder, Dec 29, 2013.

1. averagewonder

averagewonder Android Enthusiast

Ok so i never really bothered with tethering because I have WI-FI almost everywhere I go but I am going to a freinds house on monday and they have no internet so i figured i could use my rooted S3 CDMA as a hot spot. Anyway I was trying to set it up yesterday and go to the user agent selection in Chrome because thats the browser I use but no matter what user agent I selected the internet was still vey very slow or not loading at all. The only pages that seemed to load was google and gmail. Is there a certain one I am supposed to be using or am I missing something. Also I am using the stock 4G mobile hotspot app that is on my phone I tried using open garden but my phone keeps freezing. I am also running number two rom.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Trevor Philips

Trevor Philips Android Enthusiast

Use the chrome extension "Ultimate User Agent Switcher, URL sniffer" and create a user agent then enter this,

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/534.24 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/11.0.696.34 Safari/534.24

copy and paste that entire thing.

averagewonder likes this.
  3. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert

I think using wifi tether for root would be better then using the built in one.

I have it on my wifes cdma s3 and it works perfectly. I also just use a linux firefox user agent.

4. akmsr

akmsr Android Enthusiast

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0

so your browser works as firefox 24 on a linux. besides metro/tmobile can't identify linux computers for tethering (so i heard).

DirtyDee likes this.
  5. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert

Since android is based in linux without a more indepth ie more expensive scanning they do not distinguish them.:D

akmsr likes this.
  6. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Android Expert

No more ie9 user agent for mee

And it works way better than ie9

7. averagewonder

averagewonder Android Enthusiast

thanks I downloaded the app and didnt even need to make a user agent i just switched it to IE9 and it worked like a charm. Even played Youtube in HD with no lag.