1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support User Dictionary

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by psu4life917, Dec 1, 2011.

1. psu4life917

psu4life917 Lurker
    None

Oct 1, 2011
    I use the XT9 keyboard function to text and for some reason the words entered in my "user dictionary" do not come up when I type the letters for those keys. Is anyone else having the same issue and is there a solution for it? Thanks.

Advertisement

2. john58ford

john58ford Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 1, 2011
    Electronics Technician/USCG
    Michigan
    I use Swype so I may be wrong but... If you spell out your word and press space without clicking on it it will be auto corrected. We know that for sure. But, if you spell out your word and click it in the top left part of the keyboard it turns blue so it is in the dictionary now. So from now on you don't have to click that word anymore, Just type it completely and it's there. I believe it was not programmed to auto correct out predictive text user words Due to the challenge of assigning words priority over each other.
    if you want your words auto correct/predicted maybe try after market?

Good luck,
    John

3. Spike G

Spike G Android Enthusiast
    None

i had this issue as well... mostly common swear words, but i switched keyboards without ever finding a solution to the problem

4. kb0nly

kb0nly Member
    None

Same here... swear words it just won't save and do over on a reliable basis for some reason. I added them to the user dictionary in settings, typed and selected on the bar, still ignores them.