• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

user ranking system - VOTE

What set should we user for our user-rankings ?

• [SET 1]

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • [SET 2]

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • keep the current rank-names

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chronodekar

Mar 16, 2010
We're having a vote on the user-rankings! (the little 'title' below your name when you make a post)

The admins have shown an interest to changing the rank-names, so let's tell then what we want !!

[SET 1]
  1. Newbie
  2. Scout
  3. Regular
  4. Addict
  5. Resident
  6. Veteran
  7. Master

[SET 2]
  1. Applesauce
  2. Butterscotch
  3. Cupcake
  4. Donut
  5. Eclair
  6. Froyo
  7. Gingerbread

Apology:
We were collecting suggestions here and I promised to hold the vote last month. Sorry about my tardiness, but work came up and so did Easter ...

-chronodekar

PS: The vote will run for a month starting from today.

Reactions: PaulMcCartney
Its funny, but I did a spreadsheet of the dates and names of the OS's, and I could not find any reference to the first two, so I came up with the names. Funny how you chose the same Applesauce for the first OS. lol

For my second OS I chose Biscotti instead of Butterscotch.

Anyway, if you know what the original user ranks are, I can edit the poll for you and add them.

TS out

Upvote 0
Its funny, but I did a spreadsheet of the dates and names of the OS's, and I could not find any reference to the first two, so I came up with the names. Funny how you chose the same Applesauce for the first OS. lol

For my second OS I chose Biscotti instead of Butterscotch.

Anyway, if you know what the original user ranks are, I can edit the poll for you and add them.

TS out

Hmm.. I forgot what the original ranks were. I have an idea of one or two of them. Anybody?

Upvote 0
i think only having four or five over simplifies it. be better if there were a few more to better distinquish. Also maybe have them also change over time instead of posts

I think that's a bad idea. We need to encourage people to post more to keep this forum active. That's one of the main reasons why we have ranking systems in the first place.

Upvote 0
Same here. Can the OP add these new current ones to the poll?

Not sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could change it, but considering that the voting has been going on for quite some time now, that would be cheating those who already voted.

I want to mention this change, but I want to do it fairly too, just don't know how. :(

-chronodekar

Upvote 0
awwwww...my suggestion came in too late :( I posted it in the other thread...which should be close from further posts and have users directed to this one...

I think putting 'Android' or 'Droid' in the name would be better to reflect the forums ;)

1. Android Newbie
  2. Android Scout
  3. Android Regular
  4. Android Addict
  5. Android Veteran
  6. Android Resident
  7. Android Master (with only Rob and the admin getting this title)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones