1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support User Settings for WiFi being lost with Marshmallow

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by TheNit, May 11, 2016.

1. TheNit

TheNit Lurker
    None

May 11, 2016
    Male
    I have a Sony Xperia Z2 tablet and just had Marshmallow downloaded. I have 2 user accounts on the tablet, one for me and one for my wife. When I log on, a Wi-Fi connection is automatically made. When my wife logs on, there is no automatic Wi-Fi connection made. She goes into the settings and the Wi-Fi is turned off. She sets it to on and a connection is made. The next time she logs on, she has the same issue. The Wi-Fi "on" setting never gets saved. This was not a problem before upgrading to Marshmallow. Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. Bg260

Bg260  
    VIP Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Male
    Freelance Entrepreneur
    Lincoln
    May be part of the new security patch. What have you tried so far?

3. TheNit

TheNit Lurker
    None

May 11, 2016
    Male
    What is there to try? I've submitted a support question to Sony Mobile Support but haven't heard back yet. I've looked at all of the settings and nothing refers to it. I've tried changing to airplane mode and back but that does nothing and I didn't think that is was related. It is not as if Wifi is being dropped after being connected, it is just not turned on automatically for the secondary user. If I go into settings for the primary user, Wifi is ON and always is. The secondary user is OFF until turning it on and it reverts back to OFF when logging on again.