1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Username and password don't match

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gm1234567, Mar 9, 2019.

1. gm1234567

gm1234567 Lurker

I have two older Samsung devices that I cannot sign into. I have factory reset both and when trying to sign into the Google account on either one it tells me the username and password do not match. I can sign in on the web no problem. I have gone in to the security settings and enabled older apps. I have tried everything and searched for days but I can't get it. I don't have 2 step verification on the account. Please help!

2. lvt

lvt Android Expert

Are you sure you didn't make any typo ?

Does you username or password have special characters?

3. lvt

lvt Android Expert

You might test this, change the account's password from the web to something simpler that can't be mistyped on a soft keyboard and try again with your device.

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sounds like FRP.. Has anyone else had access to the phones? Did you buy them second hand?

5. gm1234567

gm1234567 Lurker

The one device was an older phone that I set up for my daughter. She used it along time then one day she couldn't access the play store or any google services anymore. The other device is my son's tablet. Same thing. It worked fine then the other day it kicked him out of all the google stuff like the play store. They were bought new by me. 100% sure I am typing both passwords correctly.

6. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Were they all setup with the same gmail account? Or did you setup each device with their own account?

7. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Login to your Gmail account on a pc and check your devices listed to your account. Delete the ones you do not recognize. You may want to create a new password to your account also

8. Try clicking on the forget password button or reset password button if any. Try using special characters in the password. If you will not have your password and try resetting the password, you will have to use gmail for resetting the password.