1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

uses more juice when battery level lower?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dan55, Nov 7, 2019.

1. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

hi all,

noticed this recently .... not sure if it is the app used or maybe due to battery age etc

recently started using audible more often ... and have spotted that it seems to use more juice than i would have expected just having speaker working :/ .... think is more obvious if say the batt is at around 40% when i start listening

time for a batt replacement? .... or heavy use app :/

thanks
    dan

Advertisement

2. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

As batteries age, the processes used to convert chemical energy into electrical energy get less efficient - and sometimes less predictable. This might be the cause of what you're seeing. It's not that the phone is drawing more power, but rather that the battery has less power available than the phone thinks it should, causing the best-guess percentage estimation to drop more quickly at the lower end.

Eventually, it will likely deteriorate to the point that the battery level will start to suddenly drop to 0%, causing the phone to shut down. A battery replacement is probably in your future but I'd wait until it actually starts to fail.

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

It's only 2 years old. It should charge faster when the battery is low.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

thanks guys .... yes that sounds like it fits the pattern im seeing ... and my thoughts too :)

...when charging it goes like a cracker! :D ..... like 40% to 100% in no more than an hour

.....but - pretty sure it is only actually charging to around 75% ...according to battery man app anyways

still gets me through 24 hours normally :)

5. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

And that's way more important than whatever percentage is being displayed. I don't display the percentage for that reason alone. Always seeing the percent makes it too easy to obsess over.

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

yes very true ...think i might delete the battery man app :)
    cheers

ocnbrze and codesplice like this.
  7. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

better after a reboot .... might not have been done since last os update ... now @ 71% after 16 hours , not 7 hours as before :)

8. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

51 hours of light use :D

Google Pixel 2 Forum

The Google Pixel 2 release date was October 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 835 processor, and 2700mAh battery.

October 2017
Release Date
Reviews