1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Using a Belkin Bluetooth keyboard for iPad on Nexus-7. Is it possible ?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by thenomad, Aug 17, 2012.

1. thenomad

thenomad Member

Okay, the simple answer to my question is yes you can use any bluetooth keyboard with any android device. BT is BT. Right ?

To some extent, I agree. But the one I have in my hand, namely, Belkin model F8N677, which was a reject from a big-wig at my employer and I decided to take crack at it and use it with my N7 tablet while I am at my desk, to answer emails and such. The basic keyboard works. I can type letters, numbers and some punctuation marks, but when a character needs a shift key to be typed, no luck. In order to type CAPITAL letters, I have to press caps lock and after typing the upper case letter, press it once more to release it. Shifted letter doesn't give me the upper case letter either.

I set the keyboard type to Android default on the N7 and layout to US English normal (not Dvorak) by the way.

And the funky thing is, the keys to operate volume up and down for iPad, works perfectly with the N7. Just the shift/ctrl/alt/option etc keys are the ones I am having problems with.

Does anyone have a solution for this ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download