1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

using a different PRL

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Neptik, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Neptik

Neptik Newbie

Just wondering if anyone has found a pretty good PRL to use with the triumph.. i know that each one varies based on location. I just wanna know what everyone else uses. Ive tried about 5 or 6 of them and cant seem to find the right one..

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles

Maybe if you include your general location, someone from nearby that has messed with that can give you an idea. Otherwise what works for one may do nothing for others.

3. FrenchToast

FrenchToast Well-Known Member

Off-Topic, but congratulations on becoming a moderator Agentc13!

agentc13 likes this.
  4. Tokens210

Tokens210 Android Expert

you deff. need to state your location lol, and from what ive gathered from the other topics on here about this is, adjusting the prl doesnt automatically give you a better signal, it just increase your chances of picking up more towers, newer towers, older supposed offline but really not towers, and tower that were supposed to be multi-carrier tower that ended up not

im also interested if anyone in the Philadelphia area has found of any useful ones

and ill also off topic send a congrats to you agent, everytime i am typing my reply to a post to offer assistance to someone, when i click submit post i always see you replied right before me lol

5. randycorb61

randycorb61 Lurker

hello
    what would be a good prl to use in the state of Rhode Island?
    Thanks so much!

6. piper_

piper_ Well-Known Member

+1

7. agentc13

Thanks folks, but let's try to keep this thread on topic until it gets resolved. ;)

8. maaneeack

maaneeack Member

I just put 60686 on mine, we'll see how it does this week. In VA. Hoping the change will remove the cell standby eating the battery.

9. jarjar124

jarjar124 Android Enthusiast

i use 60686 in ny :D getting like 2-4 bars practically everywhere. i even get 3g in the basement. xD

10. zachavm

zachavm Android Enthusiast

I'm in Oklahoma City. I'm still on stock, but I'm guessing the latest sprint PRL would probably be the best. Is this true?

Also, what exactly does a different PRL do? It won't all you to roam will it? Will it cause you to get the higher priority of Sprint users and not the lower priority of VM users? (This may not actually exist, but I thought I had heard of it).

11. agentc13

It won't let you roam, but it MIGHT let you connect to new towers. I don't think that there is a priority system in the way that you are saying, but I don't know for sure.

12. Seanette

Seanette Android Expert

While we're checking different areas, anyone know of a PRL in Sacramento, CA, that would get better results than 61007?

13. Neptik

Neptik Newbie

haha sorry about that. and i know im late to the party. im using 61007. and im in dallas texas, at the moment i am in the middle of no where near the mexican boarder. and im tethering right now as i write this on my laptop. hands down. 61007 is really good!

edit: im tethering on ics 0.6.10.0 i think. lol

14. Wpz2000

Wpz2000 Well-Known Member

I'm on the stock 61007. I've tried all the other PRLs out there and this was the best... why? Because here in White Plains (10601), it is not the towers (I'm 200' from a tower). It is the capacity.

Peak hours I'm getting 30kbps down and 300kbps up, better to use dial-up LOL. :(

But at night, anywhere from 300kbps up/down to 800kbps.

So in short, mobile data is useless for me during the day, but usable at night.

15. skubidoo

skubidoo Lurker

Looking for best PRL cleveland and Oil City/Franklin/Tionesta PA
    Thanks, S

16. minimefg2

minimefg2 Newbie

Im using 60686 in LA area and on speedtest im getting 422ping 34kpbs DL and 131kbps UL with 3g at 1 bar, anyone have better results with other prl's in the LA area?

17. gueydejalisco

gueydejalisco Member

does anybody know of one in chattanooga, tn???

18. bryce1925

bryce1925 Newbie

Does anybody know a good one for Missouri.

19. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

just flash em and find out hombres

20. pngwolffman

pngwolffman Member

I'm in upstate South Carolina. Which PRL should I use?

21. Neptik

Neptik Newbie

pimpinEZ is right. The best result is if you try them all out yourself and try a speed test to find whats best with you.

22. pngwolffman

pngwolffman Member

is there a list somewhere, also the download links for them all?

Seanette likes this.
  23. Jawshewah

Jawshewah Member

Anyone have any good ones for North-Central Illinois...in the middle of the corn? haha

24. thebryceee

thebryceee Android Expert

Try 60677

25. Kg198202

Kg198202 Well-Known Member

What about Central Louisiana? Im on my second replacement and not receiving the majority of my calls and messages..will this help?

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews