1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Using a micro sd cafd LARGER than 8gb

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by seeker407, Jun 1, 2011.

1. seeker407

seeker407 Newbie
    None

Apr 11, 2011
    Utah
    UGHHH SOO FUSTRATING!!!

Okay I had a problem similar to this thread:

http://androidforums.com/wildfire-support-troubleshooting/249105-micro-sd-card-problem.html

(after a few days of using a 32gb (sandisk class 2) ) The phone said "insert a SD card"

I had that phone replaced because it wasn't vibrating... Now I have a new phone that they have given me... it vibrates and all, but now when I put in any SD card larger than the one they provided (4gb) the phone does these things:
    1. becomes suppper laggy and slow
    2. When the screen times out (goes to sleep aka black) it wont "wake up" when I hit the power button. THis happened while I was talking with tech support.. the phone was STILL WORKING... I was talking WITH THE LADY and I couldn't "waken" the screen (to see the unlock screen)

I have to do a battery pull each time it messes up like this... AND if I take out the sd cards (I have 3 now... a 4gb one that was supplied... a 32 gb class 10 from lexar, and a 16gb class 4 from pny) the phone works JUST FINE>...

WTF?

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!

android 2.2 froyo
    motorola defy, unlocked working on AT&T

TJ
    [COLOR=#000000 ! important][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000 ! important][FONT=Arial ! important][/FONT][/COLOR]

Advertisement

2. jonmorris

jonmorris Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 6, 2010
    Journalist
    UK
    Has SanDisk really made a 32GB card that's class 2 only? That's incredibly slow!

Could it be a fake card?

3. seeker407

seeker407 Newbie
    None

Apr 11, 2011
    Utah

well I thought about that with the first 32gb card I bought... the SanDisk one... but now it does the same with the NEW 32gb LExar (most expensive I could find) and the 16gb PNY (Just bought it from Best BUy) the chances that all of these cards are fakes or came with errors already on it are SUPER low

any more ideas?

4. colnago

colnago Android Expert
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    I have a 32GB class 4 SanDisk card working without issues. Have you tried a "system reset"?

5. seeker407

seeker407 Newbie
    None

Apr 11, 2011
    Utah

When you say system reset do you mean factory reset? If so... yes... and my friends are getting annoyed cause I reset so often and for some reason lookout nor android backups the contacts I add manually...

Talked with android support today they said it should work... but obviously it isn't... I might press them to get another replacement..