1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Using a UK-bought tablet in Spain?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by marco772, Jul 31, 2013.

1. marco772

marco772 Member

Hi,

May Dad lives in Spain and is looking to buy a 10" tablet (in the sub

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

marco772 and funkylogik like this.
  3. marco772

marco772 Member

Thanks for the reply. Very interesting!
    The trouble is, ideally, he wants to able to browse the books and films in the Play store but see everything as he would if he was still in the UK.
    I got him to log into the website using his gmail and all the books and films are apparently in Spanish.

What I'm wondering if whether there's a way I can set him up with a new Gmail address from the UK (where I am) and get him to register the tablet with the new address and then, in theory, he'll get the UK store. I think.
    Does this sound feasible?

Thanks again
    Mark

4. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

I dont think play bases your location on where your gmail account was created tbh mate. Its probably by where youre connecting from. I think its pretty hard to fool Play into thinkin youre somewhere else. Hope someone has a solution but i think if there was a way, Miketd would be using it by now :beer:

marco772 likes this.
  5. marco772

marco772 Member

Thank you. Yes, have just been Googling like a loon and it seems that the only way around it is to subscribe to a VPN service which is something I barely understand myself, so my Dad's certainly not going to!

However, if anyone does know of a way (preferably a free way which won't require any rooting) then please let me know! :)

6. funkylogik

Wonder if you could log into your dads Play account on a pc and push apps etc to his tab in spain? Not ideal i know lol.. he'l be ringin u every night :D

7. marco772

marco772 Member

That's a point though. It would be interesting to log on over here with his log in to see what I get store-wise. Or what I maybe don't...
    I think it's probably mostly the books and films that are the problem. As mikedt said above most of the apps will (hopefully) be available the same!
    Things would be so much easier (for me) if they just moved back to the UK! ;)

8. funkylogik

Lol id move to spain in a heartbeat :)