1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Using A2SD and SD Partitions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MizzouBrent, May 28, 2011.

1. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Android Expert
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    Olathe, KS
    Ok, so last night I partitioned my SD Card. I set up a 2 GB partition (which is probably way too much). I also flashed Virus 2.3.3 with Sense 3.0 and the A2SD beta 4. Does it automatically use my SD card space when it needs to install apps? I can't figure out how to view what is on my partition that I have created. I've done a little searching, but admittedly am being a tad bit lazy.

If I want to remove my partition, does that mean I have to format and set up a new partition with a different size?

I like Sense 3.0 as it does some cool things, but I hate the fact that maps will only work with all location services disabled.

Advertisement

2. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Mechanical Engineer for GE Nuclear
    NC
    Yup uses automatically. You can look in system sd if you wants to see what's in there. You can run a2sd check in terminal to make sure is running and see where everything is stored. Can also run a2sd help and then r to get a full list of commands. Su enter before using these commands of course.

3. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Android Expert
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    Olathe, KS
    Yeah I got it working great. Of course now I seem to be stuck in ROM flashing limbo. I love MikFroyo 4.62 but am currently on the most recent CM7 nightly with Godmode kernel installed. After being on Sense for so long, ADW just isn't as good, even with the paid ADW EX. I may end up buying the paid version of Launcher Pro.

As stupid as this is, I love the home screen weather animations that Sense does. Nothing else is as good. It just looks really cool. And Sense is such a great interface. But I guess I'll stay on AOSP for at least a few days.

4. SaleenFiend

SaleenFiend Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 6, 2010
    Louisiana
    Doesn't Beautiful Widgets do this with the Super Sense theme?

Tags: